Monday, February 7, 2011

Ally: Road trip.


Thanks Nancy for the great topic.

My best road trip ever? Easy peasy.

I was living with my fabulous cousin/BFF Kristen. It was Martin Luther King Day weekend and she said, "Let's go to California!"

"What, now?"

"Yes! Now!"

You don't say no to California! So I started packing my bag. And I thought, "oh what the heck, I'll text that boy I like and ask him if he wants to come."

I texted, "Pack your bags, we're going to Disneyland. Now."

He thought I was joking. Then he said we were crazy. Then he showed up on our doorstep with his bag. And off we went!

We went to Disneyland the next day and it was one of the best days of my life. We rode all the fun rides and had a blast (personal favorite: Indiana Jones of course.) And, after Space Mountain made me feel a little queasy at the end of the day, the boy I liked suggested we go on "It's a Small World". Once we were in the tunnel listening to the obnoxious song, he put his arm around me for the first time. Boooooom baby! The night ended with fireworks.


After that, I married that boy. (Well, not RIGHT after.)

Best. trip. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment