Monday, March 1, 2010

House Week: Emily

My dream house has undergone many "renovations" over the years, but I've finally come up with one that's been stable. I require four things: walk-in closets, a professional kitchen, a spa tub, and a library with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and one of those cool ladder things that goes around the room.

I'm planning on decorating around a vintage French/Tuscan theme with Old World colors and accents throughout, with the exception of the master bedroom. That will be done in red, black, and silver, with mirrors opposite the windows to create an illusion of more space. I've already got my black and red bedding, so now I just need the room to go with it!

My kitchen absolutely has to be state of the art. We're talking Iron Chef America accoutrements. I want the cool gadgets, professional cookware, one of those handy water spigots over the stove, and the gorgeous Italian tile. I want a built-in bread box, antique-looking cabinets, and at least two ovens. I'd also love one of those great big refrigerators and a blast chiller. My kitchen would not be complete without the ice cream maker! The decor will be French cafe, with Fat Chef accents. I've also got one of those vinyl sayings for my wall, saying "Never Trust a Skinny Chef." True, isn't it?!

I want big bathrooms with separate tub/showers. You know those really fancy hotel showers in the high-end hotels? That's what I want. I've only seen one once, but it made a lasting impression. My tubs have to be huge. There's no negotiating on that one. Plus, I want a built-in fireplace in my bathroom that overlooks the tub. Definitely must have two sinks.

My library will have the aforementioned floor-to-ceiling bookshelves with the ladder. I have a ton of books, and a huge list of books that I want to own. I need a place to put them all, right?! This room will be cozy and inviting, with overstuffed recliners and Old World map accents.
I've been collecting pictures and samples of the things I want in my house so that I'm ready when the time comes!

2 comments:

  1. I love love all your ideas! It all sounds so stylish, sophisticated and European. The library ladder idea reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. :) (PS I put up a picture of one...I hope you like it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! One day, this will all be mine... :D

    ReplyDelete