Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Music Week: Jessica

1) What is your all-time favorite Christmas song or the CD you always throw in the first day of December? Or your favorite song to sing?

"D. All of the above. Okay, not all of the above. Lucky for me, I have a 6 CD changer, and I throw them in and put it on shuffle. I couldn’t pick just one. Right now, “Celtic Women” is playing. We also really enjoy “The Jamaican Noel”, by a group that I can’t remember the name of. "

2) Which Christmas song touches you the most or has the most profound message in your opinion?

"Handel’s Messiah wins “most profound message”, hands down. But, one song that I enjoy thinking about is “Little Drummer Boy”. It’s not just a story about a little boy who played the drum. It is a story about Christ accepting our gifts, no matter how small they are. And, it is a story about how the greatest gift we can give Him is the use of our talents. It reminds me to not downplay how important what I can do is, even if it pales in comparison to the other gifts people give."

(Jessica, I found this video of two things you mentioned you like! I'm awesome. It's a pretty arrangement. I approve.)


3)What is your least favorite song, the one you can't stand?

"Christmas Shoes for my dead mother. I always yell “No” when it comes on the radio, and change the station. The other one is “Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time”, which my husband finds amusing to sing to me. Oh, and wait, speaking of my husband, he seems to be missing his Alvin the Chipmunks CD. Gee, I can’t imagine what happened to it. (insert evil laugh). No, actually, I don’t know where it is. But, I’m not making much of an effort to find it, that’s for sure."

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Christmas Shoes. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! But, that dress? Really? That was a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green dress? Yeah, she looks like a mermaid. And not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that one. Strapless is generally a bad idea. Modesty aside, very few people can pull it off. There is just too much skin on top, and too much fabric on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete