Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sicky Week: Snappy

"When I was young (yes I was young once) my grandma Gangee (yes we called her Gangee) brought donuts every Halloween, right before Trick or Treating. You young Moms may want to establish your own family traditions, although I have to say in the 60's high blood sugar wasn't as much of a concern (at least not in my house). So anyway, Gangee arrived with the donuts the year I had strept throat, and I couldn't swallow a bite. You know the rules, if you don't eat your donut, you can't go Trick or Treating for candy. After all the hours I had put into painting a large cardboard box tombstone gray, and inscribing the words 'Here lie the bones of Tom Jones, who should have looked before he leaped' - I was miserable. Luckily, my siblings were all taxed to cover my losses, kinda like nationalized healthcare, and I made out like bandit. Also had a great costume ready for the following year. Every cloud has a silver lining..."

1 comment:

  1. Haha! "Kids, finish your donut before you start on that candy." What? I love it.

    ReplyDelete