Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Recipes: Mubba-tatoes

"Truth be told, for a long time, I wouldn't give this recipe out. Then I realized that I was doing the world a great disservice by not sharing it. This is a twist on the traditional mashed potatoes served at every holiday meal. My in-laws have dubbed it Mubba-tatoes (Mubba's my nickname) and its the only kind my mother in law will eat. Last year when they spent the holidays with us, on several occasions I would discover that my father in law- a serious diabetic who shouldn't eat these- would be sneaking them in the middle of the night. They really are the best mashed potatoes you will ever eat.

8-10 potatoes
1 tsp fresh garlic
1 stick butter
1 block cream cheese
approx 1/2 cup sour cream

Boil the potatoes like usual, except when you throw the potatoes in the pot, include the garlic as well. When they're done cooking, add the butter and cream cheese. Mash until smooth. A Kitchen Aid does an exceptional job. After the potatoes are smooth, add sour cream. You might want to add some more- I usually do. But it depends on your personal taste. If you don't have any garlic, you can add ranch dressing with the sour cream- but only a few tablespoons.

These are in no way good for your physical health. But boy are they good for your mental health. Total comfort food."

No comments:

Post a Comment