Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Recipes: Megan's Creamed Corn

"No thanksgiving or Christmas feast is complete without the most AMAZING cream corn. If you have ever had cream corn in a can, completely throw that out the window! I had never had it and just the other day I accidentally bought it instead of regular canned corn. No wonder my in-laws thought I was absolutly nuts when I said I loved the stuff, They had only had the canned JUNK, which looked like the most disgusting thing I had ever seen. That went straight in the trash. You MUST try this recipe at your next feast. mmmmm I am salivating right now. This recipe reminds me of the holidays. ENJOY!

Cream Corn (Megan's Favorite)
20 oz. package corn ( petite white is the best)
8 oz. whipping cream
8 oz. milk
1 tsp. salt
6 tsp. sugar
Combine all together and bring to a boil and then simmer 5 min.
Mix together 2 tbs. melted butter
2 tbs. flour
Combine with corn, heat till bubbly. Put in casserole dish and Broil till brown."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really yummy. I'm printing this off so I can try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete