Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mmm...Hot Chocolate Shop

Welcome to the Hot Chocolate Shop! Let me explain my hopes for this little place.

I have a blog, and many of my amazing friends have blogs. Cute, fabulous blogs. I love looking at them- laughing at the funny rants, learning from the recipes and decorating ideas, admiring beautiful photos or trying to soak in wise advice. And I couldn't help but wonder- what if we all put our heads together? What kind of creative, intelligent juices would flow from our collective blogging?

I want to find out.

Hot Chocolate Shop is a place for us LDS blogging women to gather. We could meet up at a coffee shop to chat, but this blog is more convenient (not to mention Word of Wisdom friendly.)

Here's how it will work. Every week I will post up a discussion piece. Something like, "What is your best knock-em-dead dessert recipe?", "What is the worst relationship advice you've ever gotten?", "Send a picture of your favorite pair of shoes and explain why you love them", "What was the best thing about your wedding reception?", or "What is one dream item you'd love to buy but can't afford?" Etc. Etc. Then, you fabulous, brilliant girls will email me your responses. Send pictures, be silly, go nuts. And I will post them all here on this blog for us all to admire and discuss. Together, we can create a super-blog. The dark chocolate of the blogging universe.

Who wants in? Pull up a chair, friends.

10 comments:

  1. Oooo, I like the sound of it. Makes me feel all warm inside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo this looks so cute! man I want some hot chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, cute, tasty idea! I can't wait for a marshmallowy topic! Ya, I'm really craving delicious hot chocolate now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so in, not to mention the fact that i have hot chocolate cravings on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, not only do I think you are a genius, I also think you are super cool. And classy. Not only did you come up with a super fun original plan, but also, you came up with a strikingly clever name. I am soooo in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I want in. Very cool idea! I don't know if there's a limit, but you could also invite people to be publishers on the site, to be able to directly post themselves (unless you don't trust all of us... :). I do that for the recipe blog I run. Then you wouldn't have to type it all yourself. Just an idea, you're the boss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (pulling up my comfy chair and pouring myself a steaming cup)

    what's the first topic? My fingers are itching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can I join? I don't know anyone here, but it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Everyone is welcome! You don't need to know everyone in real life. Blog friends are fun in and of themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete