Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oops Week: Jordan

Miserable fail: Word choice


"The first thing that came to mind (although I have PLENTY of embarrassing moments, lucky me) was a story that I feel needs a disclaimer: I don't mean to offend! It was not my best moment and was less than PC to say the least, so please forgive me.

My friend Adrianne and I were shopping downtown Salt Lake at the Gateway and ventured into Victoria's Secret. Adrianne always does my makeup and hair when I go anywhere important, and sometimes even when I don't. So as I was playing with the eye makeup I was asking her advice. At some point a male sales associate came by to ask if we needed any help. Remember: this is a MALE sales associate at Victoria's Secret, and this ain't Provo.

I began applying an eyeshadow that was the same shade as my shirt and, without thinking, asked Adrianne if she thought it looked 'gay' to have my makeup matching my outfit. The sales associate overheard, and, somewhat curtly, replied, "I don't know... I don't wear makeup." Adrianne burst into a fit of stifled laughter and we had to leave pretty much immediately. I have since learned to watch my language and my choice of words, especially around strangers!"

Bahaha. Oh Jordan. That's classic.

1 comment: