Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blog Week: Nancy

I'm afraid I have been very lax in my blogging lately. My own blog, which anyone is welcome to read is called ibeimomenti, and while i love the writing and feel a great sense of accomplishment when I get something up, I've just barely been able to keep up on facebook lately, let alone my blog. I think its been over a month. I haven't given up, I'm just too tired to think of clever things to say anymore.

I do, however, spend lots of time browsing the blogs of my family and friends, many of which are private, but a few of which are real gems. Like my friend Susan's blog www.smallworksinwool.blogspot.com She is an artist with a fun insight to everything that happens in life, and I giggle and nod with every post she posts.

I also follow seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com Mostly because I like to double check myself. Its a sattirical and over-the-top look at the mormon blog culture, and I enjoy most of what she posts. If I have done anything that she does on her page, I laugh at myself and make a note to be more careful. It has both its humor and its learning uses.

Oh yeah, and mylifeisaverage.com is a fun time out when stress gets high. Don't overdo it though. Too many posts and you might start expecting people around you to respond with harry potter spells and superhero references.

Here's a little advertisement for another friend too. My friend Crystal takes some beautiful photos, and I stalk her photography blog. http://www.envisionimage.blogspot.com/ I doubt I'll ever use her services as a wedding photographer, but I certainly enjoy watching everyone else get married in her posts.

OK, now for those of you who don't know me, I am a bit more liberal than is some people's flavor. These next blogs come with a little warning. Cakewrecks occasionally has its less than appropriate moments. So do these blogs. All the same, I trust myself to screen the posts and be appropriate in my viewing. You are grownups who can do the same, just know, they aren't exactly approved for relief society.

Failblog.org is wonderful. It even has a "G-rated" button, so once you are on, the site will screen things for you. I still giggle at the funny swears though.

whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com has some consistent language, but the writer usually warns you ahead of time if its a post you should be careful of.

passiveaggressivenotes.com is actually really safe, just an occasional swear in the notes. But then again, some of those notes....

www.peopleofwalmart.com is self explanatory in the risk you take when you log on. Its all photos... of people who go to walmart...

And finally my very favoritest blog of all is called postsecret.com
this one is the most risky and the most heartbreaking and the most hopeful. There is this guy named Frank, and people mail their deepest darkest secrets to him, and he selects a few and posts them every Sunday. Some of them are definitely just "scroll past" kind of things, and others are just incredible.

But like I said, you are all grown ups, so judge for yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Nancy you are too nice! Thanks for the plug! And I LOVE cakewrecks too, even the dirty stuff. Maybe especially the dirty stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete