Tuesday, February 23, 2010

House Week: Melissa

Here's what I love about our current house...

Breakfast is provided 7 days a week, prepared by someone besides me.
Dinner is provided 3 days a week, also prepared by someone besides me.
Every day someone comes to make the beds, give us new towels and do my dishes.
There is a swimming pool.
And we have cable.

Okay, so in case you start thinking that we're living super extravagantly, know this: we're living in a hotel for the next month (Suite Life of Zach and Cody anybody?) Our dream apartment smells like smoke- thats what happens when the dryers in the laundry room below you start on fire. So presently, my dream house is very simple- a smoke free apartment- with a dishwasher that fits more than 10 dishes and toilets that flush without having to turn the handle 360 degrees. This is very much an upgrade from our last apartment in Provo- where my one true wish was to have a bathroom that wasn't infested with black mold. I know, I ask for a lot.

Really, in the dream house that I've been building in my head since childhood- only two details have been consistent from age 5 til now: Ice cream dispenser with all of the good flavors and a swimming pool filled with jello. Strawberry Banana Jello.

1 comment: