Friday, February 5, 2010

Food Network/Cookbook Week: Erin

I feel so un-lady-like admitting this, but I haven't gotten into the food network yet. It's something I aspire to. I want to watch it in a fancy apron someday when I'm cooking for an adoring husband. The one show I have sporadically enjoyed from the food network is The Iron Chef. Not the American one, the real one. Sadly though, I don't EVER watch it for recipes because everything they make looks disgusting. I watch it for the overly dramatic egg presentations:



And for this guy:


I can't get over how he bites that yellow bell pepper. Who does that? He does. And it's hot.

I love how the little interrupter guy is always yelling "squeezon" or whatever it is he says. And I love the polite little Japanese actresses who taste the food and comment how delightful the eel eggs dance on their tongue. Really, this show makes me so happy.

OK, so we need a recipe. This is definitely not from Iron Chef anything. It's totally a made up Erin original. It's called Mexican Delight. You're supposed to hum the song "Afternoon Delight" as you put it together. It's basically just a high protein, low fat salad. And I admit it's a little weird. I made it up, and I might be the only one who likes it :)

Mexican Delight

Ingredients:

can of pinto beans
baby green salad
cooked seasoned chicken that comes in a bag (in the refrigerator section)
pico de gallo salsa
laughing cow mini babybel cheese light
fat free sour cream and onions pringles
fat free ranch dressing (optional)

drain beans, then put about 1/2 cup into a bowl. Break up the mini babybel and put that on the beans. Heat in the micro for about 1 minute. Begin layering the salad, then the chicken (you can heat the chicken too if you like), then the salsa. Just put as much as you like of everything. Crumble the pringles on top. Sprinkle a little dressing if you like. Done. Don't forget to hum the song. It doesn't turn out right if you don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYwEHLRmILY

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love that you sent the Mexican Delight recipe! (Girls, I used to live with Erin and she would eat this all the time and I would tease her about how weird it was)

    Also I tried to embed all the videos on the post but on the last 2 embedding was disabled. So sad.

    ReplyDelete