Friday, January 29, 2010

Food Network/Cookbook Week: Ally

I want to hang out with this lady, and I want to grow up to be her one day.
Paula Deen! Today I heard her say "If there's a way to fit in an extra calorie to a recipe, you know Paula'll find it!" I love that.

I am friends with "Food Network" on facebook, and it posts recipes every day. Today it posted this from Paula:

Toffee Brownies

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2007

Prep Time:
8 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
25 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
24 large/48 small brownies

Ingredients

  • 1 (17.6-ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts
  • Vegetable oil cooking spray
  • 3 (6-ounce) candy bars with almonds and toffee chips (recommended: Symphony brand)

Directions

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.

Line a 13 by 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.

Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.



Major yum and so easy! I need to make these, ASAP.
PS: I have more Food Network posts to come, so you'll have to indulge me by allowing me to post as much as I want. It's my blog, I'll do what I want. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment