Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby Week: Erin

"So, I don't really have any baby friends or relatives at the moment. I would love one of my own, but I feel like I need to find a husband first. However, I don't need a husband for a baby dog. Now, as my cousin constantly reminds me, I know little Bary Manilow does not qualify as a baby. But this is as close as I can get right now.

I went to find Barry on whim one day in February. I had just broken up with a boyfriend, and was feeling sad and alone, especially with Valentine's Day on the horizon. So, just for fun, I decided to look up puppies for sale in the newspaper. The very first add in the paper was for chihuahua puppies. One left, male, mostly white. AWWW!!! So the 5 year old inside me said, I'll just call. I don't want to buy him, I just want to know more about him. Then they asked if I wanted to come see him. Sure, I thought. Looking won't hurt anything. I'll just go and look.
So I called my BFF Ally, and said, "Hey, you want to go look at a tiny baby chihuahua with me?"
Before I knew it, Ally and I were on our way to Saratoga Springs to go look at the little guy. A young family was selling him. The wife answered the door, and the husband was sitting on the couch...with the MOST adorable tiny white puppy I had ever seen in my life. At that moment, I knew I was coming home with a new baby.

Ally helped me name him on the way home. The kids at the house I bought him at called him "Licker". I decided we could do better than that. It was a close race between Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond, but the name Barry eventually won out. Ally was so supportive in my moment of insanity. I mean, it really is crazy to buy a tiny dog while living in an apartment in Provo. Luckily everything worked out, and it turned out to be one of the best spur of the moment decisions I ever made. Thanks, Ally! You are totally Barry's Godmother. "


No comments:

Post a Comment