Friday, November 6, 2009

Book Week: Brittany

"1) The last book I read and totally loved was Catching Fire, which is the sequel to The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. When I first read the synopsis for the Hunger Games series, I didn't understand why everyone loved the books so much, it sounded a little too much like a book I loathe, Lord of the Flies. But I decided to give it a try anyway. I couldn't put either of the two books down! The third book in the series comes out next year and I can't wait. Both books are compelling and original. It's an easy read full of intensity and energy. The idea of putting a group of teenagers in an arena to fight to the death and to be viewed on television by everyone did disturb me. In fact I dreamed about the book the entire time I was reading it. But it's not without a story of love, tender moments and true devotion. I would definitely recommend it!2) My favorite children's book to read to my 20 month old little boy is Guess How Much I Love You. He giggles though the whole thing and it gives us warm fuzzies. My favorite book to read as a little girl was Anne of Green Gables. I related so much with Anne. With her high emotions and ability to over react to many situations, but also her ability to appreciate the loveliness around her. It's one that is super close to my heart. 3) A book everyone should read before they die? My choice is a simple classic. To Kill A Mockingbird. The book proves that there is something magical and golden about innocence. There is a purity and truth in innocence—or simply an acceptance of things even if they are strange and different."

2 comments:

  1. Ooo I love Anne of Green Gables! I've never read the books, but I've seen all of the movies except for the last one. It looks good, I need to find it somewhere! Also, I'd forgotten my huge crush on Gilbert. I should have mentioned him in crush week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Anne of Green Gables too...I read all the books even when she's all grown up and married to Gilbert and having kids. I loved them all. I secretly thought Anne and I were BFF.

    ReplyDelete