Saturday, November 7, 2009

Book Week: Erin

"I so want to be a major book worm who loves the challenging classics. And I do love the classics...just as movies :) Like Jessica, I love, and find the most enjoyment in young adult fiction. The ones I enjoy the most however, are the Mormon love story novels. I could spend hours in that aisle at Desert Book. Or the sampler section of the HBLL. So onto the last book I really loved: "An Unexpected Love" by Michele Ashman Bell. It's actually a three book series. The story combines action, romance, missionary work, travel, and an eating disorder (which fascinates the psych major inside of me). I also just plain love this author. A lot of her books continue with a common character, or relative of a character we met in another of her books.
My favorite children's book is actually a series of books; The Baby-Sitter's Club. I discovered these books in third grade. Around the same time, I was also reading Sweet Valley High, but my mom saw them and decided, since I was seven, that it was too soon for me to start reading about girls like the Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield. I guess she didn't want me to see them as role models and begin behaving like a precocious, boy-crazy 7 year old. I saved that for when I was 12. However, the BSC was just about right for my maturity level. And I'm not gonna lie, every once in a while when I'm subbing for elementary school, and I'm on my lunch break, I've gotten caught up in a BSC book. And now that I'm thinking about it, "Mary-Anne's Bad Luck Mystery" may have actually been the last book I read...and loved hahaAnd finally, everyone should read "The Last Lecture" before they die. So SO SOO good. Really, If you haven't read it, go out and read it when you can. It will change your life. Randy Pausch is an inspiration. By the way, if you want to see the video of The Last Lecture, you can go here. "

2 comments:

  1. I loved Babysitter's Club too. Pretty sure I had almost all of them. I wonder where they all ended up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Babysitter's Club so much that my mom had to ban me from reading them. I read them so much I was neglecting essential things like homework, family, friends, and probably hygiene or something. Anyway, she did let me go to the try-outs for the movie. (Ummm. I didn't get cast, clearly.) Does anyone else absolutely love the movie? My friend bought it at Shopko last year, so I know it's still available in some places.

    ReplyDelete