Monday, November 16, 2009

New Topic: Toys

Well, currently my Mom is on a frantic search to get the hottest toy for the grandkids this year...have you guys heard of Zhu-Zhu Pets?They are tiny motorized, computerized hamsters (and accessories) that are completely sold out EVERYWHERE, and are selling for quadruple their value on Amazon. I read somewhere that they are producing a quarter of a million Zhu-Zhu pets every day, but still stores can't keep any in stock. Which is bad news for my nieces and nephews.

Totally reminds me of the Beanie Babies craze. Remember? So now I'm having all kinds of toy flashbacks. Furbies, trolls, Puppy Surprise, Mall Madness.(Trolls still freak me out. I think it's the jeweled belly button that gives me the heebie jeebies)

What was your most desired toy as a kid? What toy still makes you happy when you think about it? You know the one, it's that toy that you would totally still play with if you had it. This week, before the holidays hit, let's talk about all our favorite childhood/vintage toys!

PS: We had a great baby week last week, thanks to all who contributed, especially the new contributors. I love it.

4 comments:

  1. I used to have dangley troll earrings (I was ten, so it's slightly forgivable) and their crazy hair always tickled my ear lobes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... I did send a baby post, but it wasn't very good. I can see why you didn't post it. Ahh well I should have something to post for this week! I mean TOYS?! yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan, I didn't get a baby week post from you! I just rechecked the email and I'm still not seeing it. Are you sure it went through?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jordan, I found it! It went straight to the junk email folder! Weird. Anyway, it's way cute and I posted it up with the other baby week stuff. Sorry about that...

    ReplyDelete