Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baby Week: Jordan

I've been thinking all week about what to send for baby week. And I pretty much got nothin. I mean, tons of my friends are pregnant or have babies (I'm going to a baby shower this weekend!) and billions of girls in my new ward, and we just got a new niece a few weeks ago, and don't think we haven't thought about it yet... and still, I got nothin! For something that I think about and hear about so much you would think I would have something to say about it. But one thing I have been mulling over the past couple of days is: boy or girl?



I decided long, long ago that I wanted to have a boy first. We even have a boy name picked out already. Probably for the same reasons other people want boys first- in anticipation of there being other siblings to follow so they can have an older brother, right, and also I hear that some people prefer the less-emotional boys but I'm really not convinced that either is easier. But a girl from my ward who's expecting brought up an interesting point in favor of girls. She talked about how bored she is at home when her husband is gone and how she doesn't have a lot of friends she can call up on a whim and that she really wants a girl to be her little shopping buddy. Ha! Great idea! (Plus girl babies are tons more fun... I mean who can resist the headbands with GIANT flowers on them) So now I am torn. And although I have always wanted a boy first I have this nagging feeling a girl is in store for me (can non-pregnant future moms even have that feeling??) So any opinions? Boys or girls for first baby??? Or what about... TWINS!!! Oh, if only...

1 comment:

  1. I always thought I would have a girl first. And then second. And then third. I never thought she would be seventh. I guess there's really no way to really know!

    ReplyDelete