Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Book Week: Melissa

"1. I'm gonna make myself a target and say that I love the Twilight Series. I know, there's really no literary merit, but they're an easy read, a fun story and good for when I need something brainless. Therefore, I love them. They are my go to books when I need some time out of my world.
2. I don't know that I could choose one favorite kids book. Although I think that any of the Dr. Seuss books have lessons on many levels and are good to be read by everyone at any age. You can learn more about human nature from reading about the Butter Side Up battle than you could in most college textbooks. And really, what teaches a better moral than Horton Hears A Who? I'd say the scriptures, but the moral is pretty much the same, right?

3. One book that everyone should read before they die: Saroyan's The Human Comedy. It changed my life. I read it for the first time when I was 12, and have read it numerous times since. Everytime I have learned a new lesson and gained new perspective on life. In fact, it may be time for me to read it again..."

Thanks to Melissa for being the faithful discussion-starter. The rest of you, get emailing! I know you've got somethin to say!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that all the Twilight books were definitely fun to read, but I don't understand the all-consuming obsession some people have. It's a fun, light read, but not life-changing. And I'm not really into the movies. Some people take it too far. (Same with Harry Potter.) The rest of us just want to enjoy a fun read.

    ReplyDelete