Friday, October 16, 2009

Crush Week: Carolanne

Crush Week: Triple Threat

"The first time I heard MMMbop was the summer of ’98. I was never the same. Neither were my younger sisters. We decided that since there were three Hanson brothers and three of us that it must be fate. So what if their hair was longer than ours? Because I was the oldest I was assigned to Isaac. I thought his eyebrows were squirrely and he squinted a bit, but I decided to take the hit so that my sisters could have their age appropriate match ups.

After the assignments were made, the quest to become famous ensued (how else were we going to meet them so they could fall desperately in love with us?????) So I saved up my money from my first summer job to buy a guitar and we even talked my mom into buying us a used drum set. We spent all summer drawing band logos, writing fan fiction and surfing the net to find out what color their tooth brushes were. The only use the drum set got was to annoy my mom when she tried to vacuum around it, but I did manage to learn the C and G chords on my guitar and write an entire song with them. I’m still working on the rest of the album. Maybe I could throw an E minor in there somewhere. That one only takes two fingers……"

How happy am I that someone brought up Hanson? This made my day.

2 comments:

  1. HA! This reminds me of Britt, she keeps challenging me to "listen to MmmBop and not feel happy. It's impossible!" She claims. I have yet to try it, mostly because I have an inkling she might be right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I saw this post! I remember my disappointment when Taylor Hanson got married. I'd given up the dream for years, but when I heard it was like the tiny teenybopper inside of me died. lol. And its true...you can't listen to mmmbop and not feel happy.

    PS I snuck a Hanson song onto my wedding slideshow without my husbands knowledge. He liked it until he knew it was them. I even heard him singing it to himself once. :)

    ReplyDelete