Friday, October 23, 2009

Wedding Week: Jordan

"I loved my wedding, with the exception of a few minor things. Like there were some people who came, who I wish wouldn't have... and some people who didn't come, who should have! My fake hair extensions looked terrible at the end of the day. I forgot my jewelry for the reception. And even though I tried to avoid it, it was still a huge headache to plan. (It's ONE DAY people.) But let's go on with the things I loved: I LOVED (and still love, and will always love) my dress. Having not had really any idea of what I wanted I didn't expect to care too much, let alone to love it so much... but it honestly was made for me. Siiiiiiiigh.

I loved my bright colors, but that was the hardest decision for me. I looooove color and honestly could have done a whoooole lotta different color schemes. In fact I still plan color schemes in my head sometimes. Like for fall, I love the browns/rust color combinations, or like my cousin's wedding last week, gold/orange/plum. For winter or Christmas season, instead of doing the classic red and white, I would do light pink and silver which is still wintery and magical. My mother-in-law suggested a combination of chocolate brown and champagne colors, which is beautiful too. If I was going for classy- definitely my first choice. But... I somehow felt the hot pink and lime green fit my personality and the summer season perfectly. Maybe in the next life I'll be able to have as many weddings as I want.And for the record, I actually DO think my bridesmaid dresses were adorable. Uhhhh... yikes."


Jordan, you're right, the hot pink is SO you. I love it.

1 comment: