Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wedding Week: Courtney

"Ahhhh, weddings. Don't you wish you wish you could get married all over again (to the same guy, of course!) just to have another wedding?! I absolutely loved my wedding. Actually, the only qualm I have with my wedding is my hair. So the advice I give to all brides-to-be is to come up with a concrete idea of how you want your hair. Find pictures. Do research. Have consultations. Really, really think about it. I didn't hate my hair, but it didn't suit my personality, and I don't think it matched my dress. So, when I look at my pictures, I just think about how I would have changed it. It will pay off to put in the time.

What I did love about my wedding were the flowers, the cake, my dress, the colors-- basically everything but my hair. I had an awesome photographer (Jonathan Canlas-- couldn't have loved him more), and I loved the atmosphere of our reception-- classy but laid back. I am proud to say that people told us our reception was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding. We had a live band, but the music was more special than just that. Sam's and my first date was to a wedding reception (which is funny, I think), and when I heard the band at that reception, I thought "this music is perfect. I want this band to play at my wedding." You can guess what happens next-- when Sam and I got engaged, I had him track down his friend so we could get that band. It was a little tricky, since his friend had moved to Africa, so we then had to track down his friend's wife's mother who could barely remember who the band was . . . and then we finally got a hold of the band and booked them, but my dad forgot to send them the deposit, so when I called the day before the wedding, they weren't planning on coming (many tears ensued), but they managed to round up the band with less than 24 hours notice . . . but it was so worth it. Having that music meant the world to me and made my wedding day the best day of my life (honestly)."



Totally gorgeous. I love your dress and the cake looks delish. Wedding well-done, Courtney.

No comments:

Post a Comment