Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crush Week: Erin

"In 7th grade, my heart lept for Leonardo DiCaprio. I went to see Titanic 4 times, 3 of which I balled uncontrollably when Kate Winslet cracks his hand off and says "I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go". After knowing that I would lose my dear Leo from seeing it the first time, the lump in my throat began to appear sooner and sooner in anticipation for that awful scene. It was a tragically beautiful experience. I was so into it. The love was deep.Leo was like man cocaine to me. I remember how excited I was to learn that he was once on Growing Pains, and that The Disney Channel was having a GP marathon JUST of the shows that Leonardo was in. I faked being finished with my algebra homework more than a few times, just so I could sneak into my parent's room to watch their TV (I had to sneak off to watch because my mom would have totally noticed I finished algebra too fast, and would have insisted we go over it).

I don't remember when I stopped loving him so much. Sometime in High School I guess because I know I didn't bring any posters to BYU. I think it was just Jack I was in love with, because Leonardo is kind of annoying now that I see him through 25 year old eyes. My heart still beats a little faster though when I see him playing cards with Fabricio, drawing 1 legged prostitutes, and sinking into the depth of the ocean. Sick, I know. My crushes are totally normal now though. I mean, who doesn't have a thing for Barry Manilow?"

The photoshopped picture alone made this post amazing.

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen this movie, it came out right as I was leaving on my mission, but while I was in the MTC there were several girls who snuck in the movie soundtrack and pictures of leo... then i was in this area where he was filming and my companion went NUTS... we went to the set on p-day and caught glimpses of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never really been a Leo fan, EXCEPT in Titanic. I think it's the suspenders. I love a man in suspenders! Weird?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, the suspenders were really hot. I have a thing for suspenders too. I just want to pull a guy by his suspenders, maybe kiss him, and then let them snap. Too far?

    ReplyDelete