Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Week: Melissa

"This Halloween Brody is going as Buzz Lightyear and Charlotte is a poodle. We went on a practice run at our grocery store this last Saturday. I think this was the highlight of Brody's life. It didn't take him 5 seconds to figure out that he didn't lose in any aspect when it came to trick or treating. Charlotte also seemed to figure it out- don't try to snitch candy from her. She was very amused by the actual poodle that we met on our way into the store. They stared at each other for a little bit- had a poodle moment, I think. She was much more willing to stay in her costume after that. We are very excited to join Jess's family for Halloween this year. Halloween festivities are pretty limited where we are, but where she is, the whole town gets into it.
My favorite Halloween tradition happened after trick or treating. We would all make a circle, dump out our loot and proceed to have the Great Candy Exchange. We traded like pros. I'm surprised that none of us are on Wall Street now. The process would last until Mom made us put the candy away and go to bed. One year, I was particularly concerned that my sisters not steal my collection of snickers bars, so I hid them. In the bell of my trombone. And then I forgot about them until the next time I went to band. For some reason, I couldn't get a sound out of it. My band teacher picked up my trombone, blew as hard as he could, and about 5 snickers bars came flying out. I was pretty embarassed, especially since it led to a lecture on instrument care. But everyone agrees that as far as hiding places go, it was a good one. Who would think to look for halloween candy in a trombone?"

Oh my gosh, cutest kids ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment