Friday, October 16, 2009

Crush Week: Nancy V.

"Gregory. 1992. Mrs. Dufty's class. Kindergarten. Ahhhh. (flutter of eyelashes). A five year old girl has emotions that run strong and shallow. My mother used to say that I would go through feelings, opinions, and crushes like dirty laundry. My first true crush was Gregory. He was shorter than I was. Chubbier than I was, and quieter than I was. I always took his quietness as his own sweet way of expressing his love for me.

I was so excited when Valentine's day came around and i was able to truly express my love in a heartfelt (literally FELT) pink card. I knew he felt the same, I mean his Valentine's day card said it all, "I like to play basketball. Happy Valentine's day." Can't you read between the lines and see how he loved me!!?!?!

Sigh, young love, it just doesn't get better than that does it?"

That is...awesome...

1 comment:

  1. I remember once trying to "read between the lines" of a Spiderman Valentine. It was a stretch.

    ReplyDelete