Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Target Week: Katie

Katie's Target Euphoria

"I just had to comment on your Target post...Let me tell you, I LOVE TARGET! We might as well endorse the paycheck right to them. There is no other store like it on earth. The bright lights, shiny floors, helpful staff, and GREAT CLEARANCE DEALS! I have recently become addicted to the coupon craze and along with that I am trying to be a better budgeter and actually save some money. We wont go into how the saving money is going.... let me just say it is a work in progress. Anyways... back to Target. If any of you don't know, Target frequently clears out old product and clearances them with little orange stickers. Most of the time they put these clearance deals on the end caps, away from the main isle. On certain days they clearance different departments, and then every other week they reduce those prices. For instance, in September and January they clearance out all of their toys.... if you can be patient, you can get things up to 75 percent off.

Let me give you an example of one of my recent Target trips. Upon entering the store and getting suckered into the dollar section, I emerge on a mission to find a deal. The first thing I do is go past the checkouts to the cleaning section. I make my way to the unbeaten path along the outside wall and then peruse the before mentioned end caps in search of a deal. By the time I emerge from the Beauty Section I have usually found some treasure, whether it be some mascara for a dollar or body wash for 50 cents. I usually then load up my cart with Diet Pepsi and head to the Seasonal Department. Clearance candy, holiday decor, or school supplies sometimes find their way into my cart. Next I cut across the interior of the store, headed toward the baby/ kids section. Along this stretch I sometimes find some great deals on dish towels or home decor. On one very fortunate day I came across some lamps that were being clearanced out. I have been wanting some lamps for my bedside, but have been too cheap to buy any. When I saw these lamps, my heart leaped with joy, shiny silver bases with dark blue shades. Aaaahhhh! Now to look at the little orange stickers.... what is that, 75 percent off or 15 dollars a piece. I immediatly shoved them into my cart and headed to the register, carefully gaurding my acquistion. As soon as I got in the car, I of course had to call my husband and brag to him that I saved 90 dollars on lamps, to which his reply was, thats nice honey...... Oh if only he could understand the euphoria of the moment. I love my lamps and what I love even more is knowing that I only paid 30 dollars and saved 90. If you ever come across a crazed woman in search of little orange stickers, it may be me. Watch out!"

I understand the euphoria, Katie. Husbands may not, but girls SO understand!

1 comment: