Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crush Week: Melissa

"I didn't really have too many celebrity crushes. I think it stems from the fact that I'm a sore loser and you can't win with a celebrity crush. I mean, sure, I watched Saved By the Bell for Zach (or Slater, they were both attractive) but I didn't buy any posters of celebrities to hang up. I was way too good for any of them any way. I mean, Zach could really be a jerk to Kelly, and I wanted a better boyfriend than that.

(Sorry Zach. You just ain't cuttin' it.)
I had one crush during elementary and middle school. He liked me too- when we were in the second grade, he gave me a 'gold' bracelet that he bought from his sister for 7 dollars. I was so flattered that he would spend that much money on me. We stayed friends even through high school, albeit long distance, and I even wrote him once on his mission, I think. I may not have actually mailed the letter though, come to think of it. Oh well. As it turns out, we didn't get married like I thought we would when I was 8, and last week, he and his wife had a baby girl. Their daughter shares the same name with a girl I used to babysit. "

7 dollars! That's a fortune to a 2nd grader. You must've been pretty special, Melissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment